No, You Weren’t Seeing Things. Facebook Did Introduce An Aeroplane Reaction Button - IamBSY Blog

Thursday, August 02, 2018

No, You Weren’t Seeing Things. Facebook Did Introduce An Aeroplane Reaction Button

Hey guys. Did any of you recently come across an aeroplane react button on Facebook? Yeah? Thank God. I thought I was hallucinating. I mean, why would Zuckerberg even think that we need a plane reaction?
Is this how Zuckerberg is coping with the loss of $17 billion in a single day?
Anyhow, it happened and Facebook is sorry for it. If you are an Android user, you might still be able to see it if you hold down the like button. But you need to update your Facebook app first.
Yeah well, according to Inverse who reached out to Facebook to be able to know what the reaction was all about and an employee told them:
This was created as part of an employee hackathon and wasn’t cleared for takeoff. Our apologies.
Well, in any case, you can still use the plane, if you want it. Or you can make fun of it like many others.
kudos to the coder letting me use a plane react on - you've given me hours of fun tonight ✈️✈️
Although, why you would do that is beyond me. I mean, what the fuck are you planning on expressing, anyway?

In any case, Facebook doesn’t intend to have this reaction rolled out. So once it’s gone, it’s gone! And thank the Lord. We could do with a little less crazy.